Wednesday, October 1, 2008

PIERCE OPEN HOUSE.

Last Friday night, Laura and Danny were finally able to hold their Open House.  Laura worked so hard!  Her house looked absolutely beautiful, she and Mom did a wonderful job putting together all the food, and they had a huge turn out! Although I didn't know most their guests, it was great to see my extended family (who pretty much ALL live up there) and spend some time with Laura's quickly expanding family!  It was a long day for me but well worth it!  I worked like a mad woman all morning and then drove like crazy so that I could arrive as early as possible to do the floral arrangements  Even though by the end of the evening I was absolutely exhausted, I was so proud of my sister and Danny for all they have accomplished!  It is incomprehensible to me that THEY built their house--THEMSELVES!  What an amazing feat and something they should be so, so proud of!  They worked long and hard on their house and it turned out just beautiful!  I am simply thrilled my nieces and nephews will grow up in such a wonderful, beautiful home--and even more so, that there is plenty of room for famous Aunt Tess Sleepovers! ")

    
the gordon girls!

    
dad, lo, claire, and the twins.

claire and i making our silly faces after the all the guests left.
if you ask her to make a funny face, she just closes her eyes!

  
and here is the latest picture of the new baby!
he's growing so fast!

  
Since I was in charge of the flowers, I was thrilled when I arrived and found that Danny's mom, Jane, had brought down some dahlias from her garden.  Dahlias are my absolute FAVORITE flower but I had NO idea they got so big!  Jane tells me they are called Dinner Plate Dahlias.  If I can manage to find the rare bulbs, you can be sure they'll be growing in my yard next year too!  Since dahlias are my favorite, I couldn't resist taking a few photographs!

Jane's Dahlias.
      

Fall 2008.

No comments: