Friday, September 19, 2008

SUMMER IN THE BACKYARD.

A couple of weeks ago I went out to the  backyard to harvest my mint crop--a task that should have taken about an hour.  However, I just kept finding fun and interesting things out there and it took me four hours to finish!  I did a bit of work and took a few pictures but mostly I just laid out in the grass and enjoyed my yard!  Sometimes with all the mowing, trimming, weeding and pruning, I forget to actually stop enjoy the fruits of my labor!  I was amazed at all I found to keep my curiosity satisfied!  I set out on all these amazing adventures and yet there was one waiting for me right in my own backyard!  Who knew?!





  
PLUMS.

    
HOSTA FLOWERS AND A FAMOUS FALL FLY.

HORRIBLY SOUR GRAPES.
  
  
CREEPY SPIDER WEBS.

    
TRUMPET VINE.

  
  
EXTREME TRUMPET VINE CLOSE-UPS.

  
THE OLD MAN.

  
THE WEEDS!


AND SPEAKING OF WEEDS . . . SOMEHOW THIS ONE MANAGED TO GO UNNOTICED FOR OBVIOUSLY QUITE SOME TIME!  WHEN I FINALLY FOUND IT--IT WAS TALLER THAN I WAS!  SADIE WAS TERRIFIED OF IT--REALLY, THOUGH, DO YOU BLAME HER?  WEEDS THAT TALL ARE SIMPLY HORRIFYING!

No comments: