Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BAAACK AT THE RANCH.

I have been spending SO much time out at my aunt and uncle's ranch!  Even when I don't intentionally drive over there to see my calf, I end up NEEDING to go over!  I told them I was just going to move in--I'd save a ton on gas money!  This particular night, my silly lawnmower, which has started a new tradition of breaking down EVERY fall, needed another Uncle Jim adjustment.  He fixed it right up for me again but before running off to cut my grass, I had to run back to the corrals to see the babies!

  
WHILE UNCLE JIM WORKS ON MY MOWER, I'LL TELL YOU A BIT ABOUT GATOR!

GATOR IS A HOLSTEIN CALF THAT ARRIVED AT THE RANCH A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE BELLA WAS BORN.  WHILE LILY WAS IN LABOR, GATOR, WHO WAS IN A DIFFERENT CORRAL, KEPT MAKING THIS SAME SILLY NOISE ALL NIGHT.  IT SOUNDED NOTHING LIKE A "MOO" AND EVERYTHING LIKE THE NOISE ALLIGATORS MAKE!  SO I STARTED CALLING HER GATOR--AND THE NAME STUCK (DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T NORMALLY NAME HOLSTEINS).

SO HERE'S SOME GATOR FUN!


MISS GATOR EATS HER MEALS OUT OF A BUCKET,
BUT SHE SURE DOES KNOW SHE'S MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING!

    
    
I'M HER PACIFIER!


IT DEFINITELY HAS ITS DOWNFALLS!

  
LOVE YOU GATOR!

No comments: