Monday, September 8, 2008

ROASTING MARSHMALLOWS.

~STILL LABOR DAY WEEKEND~
Saturday night we built a nice little campfire and the kids roasted marshmallows!  I myself am not a huge fan of S'mores (I really only like those creepy marshmallow creatures in my hot cocoa) so I did a bit of experimenting with the bulb function on my camera.  And then I turned my eyes to the heavens.  You forget, living here in the big city with our FIVE whole stars in the sky, how MANY stars there really are!  There was no moon and the skies were so beautifully clear that every star in the universe showed up to dance across the skies above Landmark.  They are so bright, so clear, so present I still can't believe I can't breathe deeply enough to inhale them!  I should be able to pluck them like huckleberries and stick them in a big glass jar so that I can bring them home to flavor the nighttime skies here above my own house.  I would tend to them dutifully and lay under them every night--savoring them immensely!  But then again, they are, in part, so spectacular BECAUSE they dot the skies above the mountains--tickling the treetops, mingling with the scents of chapparel bushes and ripe berries, listening as the creeks babble and the wild wolves howl--and to the children's giggles of glee as they roast marshmallows over their campfires.  I think I'll leave them there, in my magnificent mountains, and vow to visit them in their rightful home more often!   

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed and 
to have my senses put in order once more."
--John Burrows

Now, back to the Marshmallow Roast . . .

  
  
  
I LOVE MY FAMILY!

  
THESE TURNED OUT SO COOL!

No comments: