Monday, September 8, 2008

POOPER PATROL.

~STIIIIILL LABOR DAY WEEKEND~
As I've mentioned, my parent's have been camped out at the Forest Service complex in Landmark all summer.  However, late Sunday we noticed that the toilet (the all important TOILET) holding tank in the Mansion was acting a bit full.  Ewww!  However, being in the actual complex the trailer is hooked to both water and sewer facilities--thankfully!  Although we still had a problem on our hands, having a sewage dump and running water certainly helped us remedy our potentially stinky situation (or shituation as we've begun saying).  When Dad finally decided to address the shituation, I was more than eager to help!  You know I'm on this independent, do-it-myself streak and I'm convinced EVERY woman should know how to unclog a camper toilet!  Even though I started out as photographer, I quickly handed the camera off and became frighteningly involved in ensuring we had working bathroom facilities!

 


we decided to start outside and HOPED to remedy the problem there . . .

  
dad wiggled, jiggled and looked . . .

even pounded directly on the pooper's holding tank.

then he dumped gallons and gallon so of water into the tank.
when that didn't work he teased he was going to use a big stick!


as it turned out, a big stick . . .


WAS THE SOLUTION!

Notice this is me stickin' it to the popper plug!  I quickly plowed through the problem and screamed with glee at my accomplishment!  Unplugging a potty is sure something to be proud of!  Turns out the Mansion grew a Tower of Turds, just like the porta-potties at work!  After we had everything back in working order, Dad said to me, "I didn't think we were ACTUALLY going to have to use a stick!"  I was so proud of myself for being so brave and--you aren't going to believe this--I NEVER EVEN GAGGED!  I learned, and I'm sure my Dad will agree, that shituations are always more bearable when you have a raging sense of humor! 

  
after being finished with our rugged toilet plugger, i snuck over to the campfire ring and left a "good stirring" stick for my uncle jim!  unfortunately, the SNOW falling from the sky kept him from building a fire the next morning.  plan foiled--darn snow!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

aaand this one is both horrifying to me and at the same time I am able to be proud of you! i was reading it with my face turned away, but i couldn't stop reading. :)haha