Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BERRY PICKIN'.

After shooting the Thurston wedding Mom, Dad, and I headed to West Mountain to pick HUCKLEBERRIES!  Berry picking is one of my VERY favorite summer traditions.  Absolutely nothing compares to the taste of fresh huckleberries!  I love how Mom finds a patch for us to pick. She sticks her head out the window and SNIFFS!  She can SMELL a patch before she can see the actual berries!  I am usually a berry pickin' maniac!  Traditionally I refuse to eat a single berry until we are finished picking--that way I am focused on harvesting as many berries as possible!  This year I decided to stop and sample the berries first!  Yummy!  I waited until I had a belly full before dropping a single berry into my bucket!  It was absolutely wonderful!  I still managed to pick a good number of berries, I just decided to enjoy the experience of actually being in a huckleberry patch first!  I LOVE sitting in the woods, sunshine filtering through the trees, picking berries and conversing with the people I love the most!  I am convinced there are huckleberries in HEAVEN!

    
huckleberries!

  
my mommy and daddy!

  
jackson loves to dig in the mountains.
  
isn't he a handsome dirty dog?

  
i was so thrilled with my baby girl!
she learned to eat berries of the bush!

she is such a sweet dog!

    

more west mountain beauty:
    
  
  
thimbleberries!

AND THEN, BACK AT THE RANCH . . .
When we arrived home, Mom made a COBBLER out of our fresh berries!


it was wonderful!

mom, dad, and aunt nelle!
aunt jan came out to eat dinner with us.  i was so glad i got to see her!

No comments: