Monday, September 22, 2008

THE BEST OF DETROIT.

~Firebird Raceway~
Sunday Mike took his Comet out to Firebird for the Best of Detroit race.  Fortunately the torrential rain from the day before had stopped and the cool weather made for some terrific racing!  I love going out to see Mike race!  I have been going out to Firebird since I moved to Boise, but never enjoyed it as much as I do now that I have a driver to root for!  Furthermore, it is a terrific excuse to spend a day relaxing at the track, the smell of burnt rubber in the air, with some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!  Granted, the racing is pretty cool, but really, being at the track it is about so much more!  Mike didn't have the greatest race day (which is completely out of character for him) but that didn't even matter to me!  I know he felt like he let us all down, but really, we all just wanted to spend the day together!  ")
  

  
lovely amber and i   ~AND~   isaac "the tv repairman"

  
isaac and his grandpa stan ~AND~ grandma karen, anna and I
yum--nasty track burger time!

  
mr. racer man and his beautiful baby girl.


let's go racin'!

  
comet trails!

oh mike!  this would be such a cool picture! the front wheels are off the ground and the back tire is creased from all the go-fast!  if only that pesky red light wasn't in there!

but wait!  how about if i try this . . .

THERE!  MUCH BETTER!  YOUR RED LIGHT HAS OFFICIALLY BE ERASED!

mike--you really do rock!  we know that trophy would have been yours if it weren't for that freak accident!  you are simply awesome and i can't wait to watch you race and WIN again next year!  what an perfect way to spend a fall afternoon though--with you and your family, trackside!  you teach me so much out there and can't wait for my next lesson!  we better get working on my truck too!  maybe next year, i'll race you!
i love you miknamara!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to have you in our lives as one of our best friends! It was great to spend time together.
~Amber
You always have such nice things to say. You're going to have everybody thinking I'm a nice guy. Thanks Tess for everything you do and the person you are. We love you.
Mike

Anonymous said...

Well my Dear Daughter
What great shots of the track and Mike racing...I have got to come down next time he races. Lets race Danny's truck!!!! I have always dreamed of racing... so you do it for me?!What wonderful friends ou have in Mike and Amber and kids.
love you

Adrian said...

Hey wow, I love following your blog and what super fun to find some of our favorite people on it!! Love the pics. Love your blog. Funny comment from Mikey who apparently doesn't know everyone already thinks he's a nice guy!
XOAdrian

Anonymous said...

Tess,
Could I get those pictures of Mike's car? I would like too get them in pretty high definition- maybe too much to e-mail? If not you can e-mail them to john@customartwork.com.
Thanks,
John Mc
P.S. I'm working on your header!