Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WINE COUNTRY.

My Aunt Dee is a mail carrier and was telling her daughter, my cousin Jessie, about these amazing fields of flowers out along her route.  Monday night Jessie and I decided to head out on an flower-finding, picture-taking adventure.  Jessie was so excited to join me on one of my adventures--hopefully she wasn't disappointed!  We never did find the particular field Aunt Dee was talking about but we drove around and stopped at whatever looked interesting--as is the requirement of a really great adventure!  We explored some of the fields, vineyards and orchards of Idaho's Wine Country during my absolute favorite time of the day to photograph--just before sunset.  The light was beautiful, the scenery breathtaking and the company adventurous!  It was a delightful evening that seemed to end all to soon.  Jessie had to start her Senior year of high school today but hopefully I'll be able to convince her to come out on a few fall adventures before the snow flies!  She was fun and eager and willing--a perfect adventure companion!


  
  
sunflower field.

    
vineyard.

an adventure companion means i don't have to take self-portraits!
but an extra photographer isn't always the greatest thing . . .

  
she snapped these delightful pictures of me after i tasted a grape.
i don't do sour!  obviously.

  
mint fields.


the mint fields are full of these crazy caterpillars,
who, for whatever reason, are determined to cross the road!

  
  

  
mint fields have always been my absolute favorite because they smell so wonderful!
i couldn't resist the urge to tromp right out into the middle of one and sit down!
the smell was so potent though, it burned my eyes!

jessie got burny mint eyes too!

  
my behind has never smell so good!


oh, mint, you are the highlight of my summer!

  
apple orchard.

  

and, finally, we finished off the evening with a beautiful sunset.
it doesn't get much better than this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AND BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY YOUNG LADIES!!!!
But then I'm very biased. Love you both!
Grandma B.

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

THOSE ARE AMAZING PICTURES! LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! I KNOW THAT THERE IS A BIG SUN FLOWER FIELD ON KARCHER AND CHICKEN DINNER RD.

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!! We will have to do this again!
Jessie

Adrian said...

Love, Love, Love these!