Monday, August 11, 2008

NIGHTFIRE.

I haven't been to a big race at Firebird in years and oh how I have missed it!  I've been out to watch my friend Mike race his Comet but he only races the smaller races.  Although I LOVE to watch him race (and win!) it just doesn't compare to watching the big boys at NIGHTFIRE!  My OTHER friend Mike met me out at the track last night and we enjoyed a bit of NITRO together!  He was shocked to see that I had left my good camera home.  (This morning, when I downloaded my silly camera phone pictures, I was kicking myself for leaving it home too)!  Despite the fact that I missed out on some awesome picture potential, I enjoyed myself immensely.  Mikey's favorite seats were awesome!  I'm sure they severely damaged our hearing and loosened some of the teeth in our heads too but, after all, that IS why we go to the drag strip!  I personally quite enjoy the big ol' GOOSEBUMPS I get out there too!  Mikey is my witness--the good cars really rock my world!  I get goosebumps galore and I love every minute of it!  

YEAH DRAG RACES!

This was my favorite car!  Looked pretty.  Sounded prettier!
Smelled pretty good too!

Drags under the lights just can't be beat!

And JETS simply shouldn't be watched any other way!

AND WHAT'S THIS?
  
A DRAG RACIN' BACKHOE?
BUT, as Mikey pointed out, for thinking it so ridiculous, I sure took alot of pictures of it!

my dirt-pushing friend, Mikey, watching the dirt-pushing dragster.
look mikey!  i only took a picture of your EAR the whole night!


ah, yes.  my favorite part of firebird!
spending entirely too much time trying to leave the dusty field of a parking lot!

No comments: