Monday, August 11, 2008

THE SPLASH PARK.

While Laura and Danny were off to their first doctor's appointment, Mom and I volunteered to watched the kids.  Given the 100 degree temperatures, what better place to entertain three bundles of energy than at the splash park?  I was so excited to spend an afternoon with my nieces and nephew!  I don't get to see any of them nearly enough but I rarely get to see Makayla and Garrett!  Whenever they manage to make it here to the valley it is usually their weekend with their dad.  I get to hang out with Claire (yeah!) but I might only get to see the older two kids for a couple of minutes if I'm lucky!  Spending HOURS with ALL of them was a rare treat indeed!  It was hot, muggy and miserable outside but the kids were awesome!  


~Summer 2008~



     
A trip to the baby doctor meant Aunt Tess got to drive the 
BRAND NEW EXPEDITION!


It was so NICE but it felt so HUGE too!
I felt like a school bus driver so I sang the "Wheels on the Bus" song.
(at least CLAIRE was impressed!)

    
About two minutes before I pulled into the parking lot, Little Miss fell asleep!
Mom and I took turns sitting in the AIR CONDITIONING while she finished her nap!

  
Makayla
she spotted a friend from school and quickly disappeared with her.
i didn't get many pictures of her!


Garrett

I feel like I don't get to spend much time with Mr. Garrett so I particularly enjoyed our afternoon together!  He is such a GOOF!  I have no idea where he gets that trait from!
:o)

    
    
  
  

i have to admit, this is my FAVORITE picture of the day!

    
Makayla is in this phase where she doesn't even want to STAND next to her brother!
Garrett, the sweetheart, is such a good sport about it though!

  
Look who finally woke up!
Aunt Tess just had to play with her in the water too!

  
Don't forget the sunscreen Aunt T!

  
Claire and Nana

    
I LOVE THESE KIDS!

  
infamous self portraits!

1 comment:

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

OH TO BE A KID AGAIN AND BE ABLE TO PLAY IN A HUGE FOUNTAIN OF WATER - LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!
I'M GLAD THAT MOM AND BABY ARE DOING GOOD.