Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots and Lots of Ladybugs . . .


One of my FAVORITE movies is Under The Tuscan Sun.  A character in the movie tells this really great story about

LADYBUGS.

She says that as a child she used to go out into the yard to look for ladybugs.  Despite the fact that she looked and looked, she could never find a single ladybug.  Eventually she would give up and fall asleep in the cool grass.  Upon awakening, she would find ladybugs crawling all over her!  I LOVE the symbolism of this story!  I ALWAYS smile now when I find an unexpected ladybug crawling on me and pause to remember sometimes that which I seek so desperately, often comes to me when I give up my search for it.  Love it!!!  

     

I found this particular ladybug crawling on me as I was headed off on one of my adventures--which I found entirely appropriate!  I captured her and brought her home for some portraits.  She was definitely not a cooperative subject!  She was a quick little booger and, upon the advice of my dad, I even stuck her in the refrigerator in hopes of slowing her down a bit!  That worked a little too good!  I thought I killed her!  However, as soon as she warmed up, she was speeding around again, being as difficult as ever!

i love that it looks like she is frowning and angry here . . .

and smiling here!

 
FLY AWAY, FLY AWAY HOME!

No comments: