Thursday, June 19, 2008

I will NEVER be HOPELESS again . . .

For some CRAZY reason, some of you think I'm having a birthday next week BUT, in case you haven't heard--I'M NOT!  I've decided not to have birthdays anymore.  Didn't you know you were allowed to do that?  YOU TOTALLY ARE!!!!  However, coincidentally enough, my ANNIVERSARY is next week so I have been celebrating a bit early.  What anniversary you ask?  Oh, the FIRST anniversary of my 29th Birthday, of course!  

In the last couple of years I have been celebrating my major life events by voluntarily inflicting pain upon myself!  It seems to me I should have a visible physical scar to reflect the emotional obstacles and turmoils I have faced, fought and WON!  I want some symbolic physical representation that says, 

I faced this horror and SURVIVED!  

no, no, no. 

THRIVED!

Came out on the other side PRETTIER than when I went in!

So TATTOOS just seem to be a logical fit! With all of that said, here is the story of my 

Anniversary Tattoo.

declaring my age to still be TWENTY NINE!!!

HOPE.
my absolute FAVORITE word

trying to go to my happy place--but it hurt there too!

white knuckle grip on the table--so that i wouldn't kick my artist.  cause my FOOT really, really wanted to do that!

HOPELESS

HOPEFUL!

JUNE 2008

So here's an exact quote from my artist, "Feet are brutal."  YES THEY ARE!  But you know what, I'M ONE TOUGH TWENTY-NINE YEAR OLD!  And don't you forget it! :]

thanks danielle for playing coach and photographer!
you are the bestest!

No comments: