Friday, June 6, 2008

DIESEL.

By now most of you know that I have been working ALOT lately and I'm missing my ADVENTURES terribly! But, my SPIRIT of adventure refuses to be silenced!  I've just had to TEMPORARILY modify my definition of adventure! 

Last Monday (yep, had to work Memorial Day too) my lovely assistant, Danielle, and I were out working away.  As the weather was nice we were letting the warm breeze blow through the open front door.  Apparently an open door was all the invitation this friendly neighborhood dog needed!  He walked right in and made himself at home!  I don't get many WELCOME visitors at work (usually just snooty real estate agents who refuse to take off their shoes!) so I was tickled when a DOG came walking up the stairs, wagging his tail.  I was even more delighted to see he had actually removed his shoes before walking on the carpet! Given his friendly face, I just had to stop and talk!




He was definitely an extremely friendly fellow!  However, about two seconds after snapping this picture, I realized he was also an extremely SKUNKY FELLOW!  I immediately jumped up, GAGGING, while horrible memories of my own little Jackson's close encounter with a skunk flashed through my mind.  Danielle, who was definitely not thrilled with our visitor in the first place and even less impressed with my enthusiasm over his arrival, laughed herself silly over my uncontrollable gagging.  The dog was thoroughly insulted by my sudden and obvious repulsion to him and promptly ran back down the stairs where I found him . . . 


    

adding to his stench by rolling on one of my a vinegar soaked window rags!

Danielle has had close encounters with a certain skunky-smelling illegal substance and tells me the skunky stuff is informally called Diesel.  (I should clarify here that Danielle herself does not partake of this certain illegal substance--she's just well educated!).  So, I named my smelly friend,

DIESEL.



A few days later we were back in the same subdivision.  Diesel was so excited to see us, he laid on the sidewalk out front and waited for us to finish!  Notice he was OUTSIDE this time.  As much as I enjoyed my new friend Diesel, we make sure to keep the front doors closed now!  I don't seem to get much work done when I'm gagging my guts out!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear gagging Tess hee hee I lovved this story. You always did have the eye for adventure though... even in a skunky dog!
love you mom