Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lucky's Rooster Tail!

I had a ton of work to get done today and yet, I couldn't stop thinking about Lucky Peak!  I had heard that the famous Rooster Tail would be on display for a few short hours each day this weekend and I REALLY wanted to see it.  Finally I just gave up, got in the truck and drove out to Lucky Peak (along with ten thousand other people)!  I am so glad I did!  Granted, the crowd was simply ridiculous but it was worth it!  Despite the huge number of people who came out to see the spectacular show, it was still super easy to find a place to park (as long as you were willing to walk a bit) and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all the random comments as I walked along.  Before I left I found some solitude and did my traditional memorization moment.  I closed my eyes, listened to the roar of the water, felt its mist upon my skin, inhaled deeply and completely memorized the moment.  It is now stored it for a cold, dark, dreary winter day!  
      

Lucky Peak Dam

I have ALWAYS wanted to stop at Diversion Dam but ALWAYS been in too big of hurry to get to the lake to stop.  Since I was already skipping out on work, I decided a few more minutes wouldn't hurt anything!  My boss would just have to get over it!  :]  Who knew crossing the road from the parking area to the dam would have been such a nightmare!  I felt like one of my beloved Mormon Prairie Dogs!  I think I might have even shrieked a little and I KNOW my stubby little tail was sticking straight up as I darted across the road!  

     

     

Diversion Dam

summer (yeah! finally.) 2008


     
~my lovely self-portraits are particularly ugly this time!~
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story. You made me remember my trips to see the rooster tail, which happened quite a bit when I was growing up. We use to picnic in the area on our way to Idaho City or just out for a drive. We ate balony sandwiches, chips and some kind of chocolate or strawberry milk in a bottle. We sometimes had grape Nehi's (spelling)my favorite and homemade oatmeal cookies...yummy. Seven people in a station wagon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tess the comment was from your Mom about the picnics and rooster tales. sorry love you mom

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN - IT'S REALLY PRETTY! I LOVE HOW YOU TELL YOUR STORIES, IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I WAS RIGHT THERE TOO! AND OF COURSE I LOVE THE PICTURES! :)