Thursday, July 3, 2008

DRIVE-INNING.

I LOVE THE DRIVE-IN MOVIES!  

I am usually terribly impatient with movies!  I grew up without television and therefore tend to have great difficulty sitting still through an entire movie.  That's why I love the Drive-In!  It isn't so much about actually watching the movie as it is about being out in the warm night air, watching the stars begin to appear (as well as the mosquitos), inhaling the sweet smell of the nearby mint fields (well, that's what it smells like on a good night), digging around to find the AFFORDABLE snacks you have brought along from home, and whispering and giggling with friends that have come along (without being frighteningly ogled by the pycho soccer mom sitting in front of you).  At the Drive-In it is not only acceptable to be noisy and goof off during the movie, it is EXPECTED!  Notice I did not say MAKE-OUT!  I'm trying desperately to keep this blog clean!  If you can't sit still, you don't have to!  You can take a walk, change seats eight times, sit cross-legged or hang upside down from the tailgate.  You can go shoeless, bra-less or any other variation of tasteless you can manage to dream up--which clearly explains why the Drive-In suits me so well!


michael and abby drive-inning with me!

 
infamous lovely self-portraits
its been so long since i've posted any!  i know you were missing them!

No comments: