Wednesday, December 3, 2008

RAINBOW BRIGHT.

Coming back from the grocery store yesterday, this rainbow suddenly appeared just as I was pulling into my driveway.  I ran for my camera and had just enough time to fire off a few shots before it quickly faded away.  As a photographer, these are some of my very favorite moments.  They are moments of unexpected beauty in unexpected places or at unexpected times.  Pure random beauty!  And for some reason I always have a very physical response to such natural phenomenon.  I smile.  I gasp!  Sometimes I actually clap!  And I always say a (sometimes not so silent) prayer . . .
Geez, God, you really got that one right!
It stopped me right in my tracks!
Caused me to pause, right here in the middle of my hectic day,
and find pure joy in this moment!
A standing ovation is certainly in order.
So I'll stand here, for a moment, and say . . .
Oh, MY God.  MY God!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Praise God! Just a reminder of how awesome our God is and that He is always near!
Love you Mom

Amber said...

God creates such beauty and He never ceases to amaze me! I am so glad that He helped brighten your day.