Friday, December 12, 2008

JEFFERSON BASKETBALL.

Earlier this week, despite being grossly contagious, I was able to make it to Seriana's last basketball game.  Oh the memories that came flooding back from MY days of playing basketball!  ESPECIALLY, when I noticed that one of the referees was a man (Juan) who used to ref MY GAMES!  It was one of those RARE occasions when I thought, "Gee, if he is still a ref, I must not be that old..."  I loved being back in a gymnasium (the squeak of shoes on a polished gym floor is one of my favorite sounds in the world) and I am totally pumped about basketball right now!  My REAL little sister is coaching Makayla's basketball team this year and I am SO jealous!  Despite having nearly lost my voice entirely today, I had to call and hear how her first practice went last night!  (I've already been recruited to take team photos but I'm hoping she'll let me show up for a practice or two as well!)  It is so much fun to stumble upon the memories of something you once loved some much!  In fact, I'm so inspired, I'm headed out to find a court now . . . well, maybe not with the flu.  But THE moment I recover!
       
Here is one of my basketball photos . . .
I know a few of my blog readers are sitting on the bleachers with me in this photo!
What a good lookin' team, eh?
")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of Basketball! As a player, as your coach, as stat keeper and the basketball mom yeah.. those are good times!
which I could play now...the image of that ..whew!
love you mom