Friday, January 2, 2009

THE HUMANITARIAN BOWL.

In early December Big Brothers Big Sisters gave my new Little, Seriana, and I tickets to the Humanitarian Bowl!  I was thrilled--especially when I learned Nevada received an invitation to the bowl game!  Last year I became a HUGE fan of Colin Kaepernick (Nevada's stud of quarter back) and was completely excited to be able to see him play, in person, on the blue turf.  Aaaanndd since Nevada would be playing Maryland (instead of Boise State), I could safely cheer my heart out for Nevada!  Tuesday was game day so Seriana and I bundled up and headed to the stadium!  It had been since I was a freshman in college since I had been to see a football game at Boise State and things have definitely changed!  The stadium is truly amazing though.  Huge!  Beautiful!  Dare I say, magical!  I can only imagine the atmosphere at an actual Boise State game!  The roar of the crowd must be deafening!  A shivering Seriana and I decided that perhaps we'll attend a Boise State game together--in one of the warmer months!!!  I am truly enjoying my time with Seriana and can't wait for our next adventure together!  

Loving that I get to openly cheer for my Wolf Pack!

Look at that new Sky Club!  Pretty SNAZZY!

Seriana and I.  We're pretty SNAZZY too!
")

Our seats were in the South End Zone . . . 

which meant that the Nevada players walked right in front of us going on and off the field!
A herd of beefy men walking by?  OKAY by me!  ")

Seriana watching the kick-off ceremonies.

The military fly-over . . . 

promptly followed by a fly-over from the Flying V Geese!
I think the crowd actually cheered louder for the geese!
Their timing really was impeccable!

  
At half-time Seriana and I walked around the South End Zone, took some pictures and decided we were froze out!  We left just before the third quarter began.  We never did get a decent picture of my Colin (I just had a camera phone) but he did walk close enough to us (with his helmet off) for me to remain an avid fan!  Being with Seriana, I was on my best behavior though and tried very hard to conceal my enthusiasm for his physical prowness!

Seriana and I



The following were taken by the Idaho Statesman photographers . . . 
We were sitting right next to these goofballs!

Colin Kaepernick
(watch for him in the NFL in a few years!)

No comments: