Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BEING CRAFTY WITH SERIANA.

Saturday Seriana and I headed to Fire and Ice to paint some pottery!  With the holidays and my bout with shingles, we hadn't seen much of each other.  We were much overdue for some girl talk time!  Going to a ceramics studio is one of my favorite ways to connect with my Littles.  Their hands are busy, they are confined to a single location for several hours and their little mouths tend to move non-stop!  It is a great way to get to know each other and to get a Little to open up.  Seriana, of course, is absolutely WONDERFUL!  I am so blessed to have been matched with her!  She has so much enthusiasm for life and is simply THE most polite child I have ever encountered.  I'm not exaggerating either!  She makes me feel GUILTY about my own slack manners!  Hey, who says she can't teach ME a thing or two, right?  For our next adventure we are headed to the bowling alley!  Now THAT should be an adventure!  (If you had ever seen me bowl, you'd know why)!  

  
SERIANA

  
I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT I AM SUCH A PERFECTIONIST, I CAN'T DO LARGE PIECES YET!  I PICKED OUT SEVERAL PIECES TO PAINT BUT, DURING THE HOURS WE WERE AT THE STUDIO, I ONLY GOT THIS TINY LADYBUG DONE!  MAYBE SOMEDAY I'LL WORK UP TO A MUG OR SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY USEFUL!
")

1 comment:

Amber said...

It's okay I'm the same way and I don't know that I could ever be happy with a big piece way to nerve racking for me. But I love the lady bug!