Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DEVIL'S LADDER???

During the last couple of dark and dreary weeks, I have been doing some pretty extensive research for potential adventure outings.  I am so excited about some of the wonderful desert destinations I have come across!  Spring just can't arrive fast enough!  However, during my research I came across an old article from the Boise Weekly about Jump Creek that proved to be rather unsettling!  Here's the excerpt:

"West of the waterfalls is the 'Devil's Ladder,' a rock crevice that leads to the upper canyon.  Every year, someone decides to tackle the ladder, and frequently people fall off either the slope or the top of the falls and meet an untimely end.  (Rocks, as a rule, tend to be hurty and the water in the pool isn't that deep . . .)  So maybe content yourself with just looking at the rock formations."

So, as you might have guessed, these are all pictures of Kipper and I
 (unwittingly) tackling DEVIL'S LADDER this fall!

AND I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR BEING BRAVE!!!
I do have to admit that Devil's Ladder has inspired me to try rock climbing.
HOWEVER . . . I think I'll actually LEARN to climb before I tackle The Ladder again!

I have discovered The Ladder isn't the only way to the upper canyon which is fortunate!  Fortunate because I simply HAVE to make it to that upper canyon!  The OLD MAN OF THE OWYHEES lives there!


(these are NOT my photos--but I will have some of my own!  I will!)

ISN'T HE WONDERFUL?!

Apparently the hike in to the Old Man is pretty rigorous so I am gearing up!
I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE IT IN TO SEE HIM!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Tess, that's a little disturbing! It looks like it would be fun though!