Sunday, November 30, 2008

CHRISTMAS TREE 2008.

It has been several years since I have put up my actual Christmas tree.  Last year I went out to Lake Lowell and cut a bunch of twigs and made a symbolic "tree" out of them.  However, this year I was so ready to put up my traditional tree again!  In light of the adventure-filled year I have had, I decided it would be appropriate to decorate my tree with something that represented those delightful adventures!  The Trailing of the Sheep Festival was one of my very favorite solo adventures (for several reasons) and I loved how, for weeks afterward, sheep just kept appearing in my life!  So, this year, I decided to put a flock of sheep upon my tree!  In addition to being symbolic of my wonderful expeditions this year, I think they are completely Christmasy too!  After all, sheep are part of the original Christmas story . . .

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.  An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:8-11

    
The problem with deciding to decorate my tree ENTIRELY with sheep was that sheep ornaments aren't exactly easy to find!  So Mom and I decided to make them!  I think they turned out super cute!  And I just love being a SHEPHERDESS!

  
  
No flock would be complete without a
BLACK SHEEP!
(this is the only ornament I actually bought!)

2 comments:

Amy and Cole said...

I ABSOLUTELY 100% LOVE THIS!!! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! You know how I feel about sheep and so I'm excited that you had such an awesome idea!!! (and a little jealous!) Love you lady!

Anonymous said...

Baaaaa! This was so fun to do with you. I need that creative side. The treee is wonderful. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!
love Maaaaaa