Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008.

It has been years since I have actually got to spent Halloween with my family so I had forgotten how SILLY we all get!  Each of us has a costume box we seem to add pieces to each year.  This year Mom, Dad, and I dug through our costume caches and laughed hysterically as we tried on various combinations of wigs and silly accessories!  After we had each assembled some sort of goofy costume (including all three dogs!), we drove to my sister's house for the evening.  My family has never been willing to celebrate Halloween with dark, scary decorations or evil, gory looking costumes.  For us it is a day to do what we, as a family, do best--ACT SILLY!  What a blessing it is to have a family who enjoys being together so much!  (Danny had to patrol Halloween night so he unfortunately wasn't able to party with us)!

  
Mom and Dad each taking a turn with the Silly Head!

  
Fairy Godmother Aunt Tess with both Mom and Aunt Jan

  
Makayla and Garrett are suddenly very into Star Wars.
I honestly have no idea WHO they are actually dressed up as!

Pink Tinselly Wand vs. The Light Saber!


Makayla, Claire, Garrett and I

DID YOU NOTICE CLAIRE IS A SHEEP?!
I JUST LOVE THE REOCCURRING SHEEP THEME IN MY LIFE!

  
Dad.

Sadie as a SKUNK!
I only ended up with a picture of Sadie in her costume but Jackson dressed
 in his HOT DOG costume and Daisy went as a MERMAID!

~PUMPKIN CARVING~
  
  

~PUMPKIN SEED SPITTING CONTEST~
   
   
Garrett, Makayla, Nana, Me, Papa, Claire and Sadie (who kept stealing the flying seeds)!

  
Laura was the last contestant in this crazy game she dreamed up.
THE first seed she spit went WAAAY further than any of ours!
Dad says, "I think we were set up!"

The blue tape is where the furthest seed landed--it was my seed by the way.
However, Makayla is showing where PREGO'S seed landed--clear across the ROOM!

Trying really hard to spit as far as Mom did!

My MACHINE GUN approach!  ")

~APPLE BOBBING~
  
Makayla

  

Garrett

  

Claire

~DONUT DANGLE~
  
Gotta eat the donut off the string without using your hands!

  
  
It was pretty hard NOT to let the dogs play!

AND THINGS JUST GOT GOOFY FROM THERE!
    
EYELASH TURNED MUSTACHE!


As a kid, my sister used to love CHIN PEOPLE!
So does Garrett!  He's so creative!


WE LAUGHED AND GIGGLED SOOO MUCH!
WHAT AN AWESOME FAMILY!


One final note:
I discovered drinking
ROOT BEER AND VODKA
is also a Gordon Halloween Tradition.
I'M NOT GOING FOR THIS ONE!
~yuck~

2 comments:

Amy and Cole said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I'm jealous, looks like I'll have to start a tradition like that one. It reminds me of all the games our family used to play at thanksgiving (Us, McNamaras, Swansons, Klosters, etc)! I also love Clair's sheep costume! It tickled me! Have a good one lady!

Amber said...

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day that some can make so ugly and your family chooses to make it so fun and loving. There is nothing better than spending time with family that really enjoy eachother.