Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING 2008.

Laura and Danny hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house this year.  What a spectacular feast they prepared!  Their house, as always, looked just beautiful and I (being ever so slightly Martha Stewart-ish) thought their table was especially gorgeous!  They made some amazing gourmet dishes and each of us contributed a bit of our own talent to the feast as well.  Alright already!  I can hear you thinking from here!  What dish did the Princess of Cherrios contribute to the Pierce Feast, you are asking yourselves.  Well, Fromze Rolls of course!  My specialty!  (That is rolls "from zee" store).  This is the first holiday the two sides of Laura's new family have spent together.  Danny's parents and twin brother joined all of us regulars and we were also extremely blessed by the presence of Aunt Dora and Uncle Dennis!  It had been several years since I had seen my great aunt and uncle (who live in northern Idaho) and I was SO excited that they were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with us this year!


  
Laura and Danny worked so unbelievably hard to feed all of us!

While they were slaving away over the hot stove, the rest of us had some time to enjoy each other!

Nana and Claire


Claire and her Auntie dancing barefoot!


I am so proud Claire is following in my footsteps!
She LOVES taking pictures and SHE took this picture of me!


She also took this picture of poor Buddy, looking IN the window at us!

  
Uncle Matt and Claire, tending bar!


We didn't see much of the two older kids.  They were down in the basement watching the new movie Nana bought them.  I told them I was jealous!  I wish, growing up, I had somewhere quiet to go to get away from all the boring adult conversations upstairs!


The kitchen was a VERY busy place!

I only dared to venture in to take pictures . . .
Lo and I
Laura and our Mommy
Aunt Dora and Laura

THE other reason I braved the chaotic kitchen!
I have such an awesome brother-in-law!!!

  
Some of my favorite CRAZIES!
  
Feasts are just TOO much work!
  
Grampy Mike, carving away
  
Papa and Garrett playing PS3
Uncle Dennis and Aunt Dora
  
The kids' table.
I'm so sad they don't let me sit there anymore . . . 
  
even though I tried REALLY hard to sneakily arrange the place cards so I could!


When we finally sat down to eat . . .

  
CLAIRE FELL ALMOST IMMEDIATELY TO SLEEP!
SHE WAS JUST TOO CUTE!

This year has been an absolutely amazing year for me and I am continually thankful for so very much.  Above all that I have come to appreciate, it is my family that I thank the Lord for each and every day.  In addition to being a vast well of love and support, last year they gave me an amazing gift.  It is a gift that has truly changed my life.  I will never be able to express to them how grateful I am for their sacrifice and generosity.  Nor how much I appreciate their unconditional and never ending love.  No matter who or what walks into or out of my life, I know that I will always, always have my family there beside me in the end.  So, Lord, for all the things I am thankful for...

MOST of all, thanks for the family I love!

Laura and Danny--
You hosted a truly spectacular Thanksgiving celebration.  THANK YOU!  Thank you for bringing together our families and for working so hard to put together such a beautiful meal!  You are generous beyond measure and each of us are so blessed to have been invited into your home for the holiday!  I am so seriously impressed with the feast you prepared!  You two are rockstars!  I simply adore both of you and love you beyond your wildest imaginations!  Thank you for a beautiful Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEAR TESS WE ARE ALSO BLESSED BY YOUR PICTURES AND TELLING OUR STORIES.THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU AND SHARING YOUR TALENT WITH US ALL ! LOVE YOU BEYOND MEASURE. MOM