Monday, April 21, 2008

Things I Should Know

In the last month or so it has become apparent to me that there are some things I never learned to do, that I clearly should have.  It isn't necessarily that there were a lack of willing teachers in my life, it is rather that I never chose to learn these things.  This summer I intend to rectify this terrible oversight on my part.  Below you will find a list I have begun to compile regarding things I should definitely know but never bothered to learn.  Over the course of the next several weeks I'll continue adding to this list and, if summer ever decides to actually arrive, my education will commence as soon as the snow recedes.  Wish me luck and be sure to check back to see my progress!


THINGS I SHOULD DEFINITELY KNOW BUT NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN:
  • How to chop firewood with an ax.
  • How to build a campfire!
  • How to run a chainsaw.
  • How to make a Willow Whistle.
  • How to skip rocks properly.
  • Identify tree species.
  • Identify wildflowers.
  • How to tow my camp trailer.
  • How to fill, fire and empty my trailer.
  • How to shoot a handgun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tess Looking forword to you checking some things off your list! I know you will succeed beautifully love mom

Anonymous said...

When do we leave for them there hills?

Adrian said...

Wishing you blessed providence in your ventures! Good for you! I definitely am a part of the club, lots of things i should know how to do and just don't. Alot due to having John, my handy and willing man! (...i hope and pray that doesn't touch a sore subject with you, are you at peace or is it a hurt?) i don't want to be insensitive, it is just true that he is the reason i haven't HAD to learn things and even though i should, i haven't.