Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MOUNTAIN HOME MOUNTAIN CANARY.

Boy am I good at my job! Apparently too good! One of my windows got this poor Mountain Canary out in Mountain Home. He thumped himself pretty good! :( I found him lying on the ground and scooped him right up! By now you know my theory on adventure -- you never know when or where you are going to find it -- or when it is going to smash into a nearby window! I think Mountain Canaries are just about the prettiest birds! What a treat to be able to study one up close! This little guy was completely content to perch on my finger until he stopped seeing stars! Daimon was pretty thrilled to see Mr. Canary although he wasn't so sure he wanted to HOLD him! Jessie was convinced we needed to take him home and Danielle just thought he had cooties! In the end, Daimon braved up and held Mr. Canary just before he flew off -- hopefully in the opposite direction of my nice clean windows! Sorry, guy, but thanks for the teeny tiny slice of adventure on a rainy spring day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Wildflower! I loved your adventures as usual. I always thought the wild canaries we used to see were solid yellow so now I'm intrigued. We don't recall or haven't seen any in North Idaho - do you know what bird to look up in the bird book? Mountain Canarie seems not to be listed the index! Love, Aunt Dora