Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LARRIES AND LOLAS.

I LOVE BABIES! I'm not just talking about human babies either! I love babies of ALL kinds! Really, who doesn't, right?! And, after rescuing a gosling last year, I have a really super soft spot for baby geese. I had noticed that the goslings were just hatching in the park so when Laura and the kids happened to be down for the day, I insisted on dragging them to the park! Oh, what fun -- despite the fact that it SNOWED on us while we were there! I loved watching the kids' eyes light up at the sight of ALL those babies! It was SO hard not to reach down and scoop up one or two and slip them in our jacket pockets! They are just too cute!!! Makayla drew this adventure picture and left it in my truck for me to find! She explains that all baby ducks are Larries and all baby geese are Lolas (after the two babies we each rescued last year)! :)

I later learned that these HUGE flocks of goslings are called GANG BROODS.
Several mama geese will actually pool their babies and then take turns looking after them!
There are likely babies from two or three mamas in this bunch. It is GOOSEY DAYCARE!

They definitely learn at a VERY young age to come running at the sight of people!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

LARRIES.
MAKAYLA WAS SO SUPER PROTECTIVE OF THESE TWO LITTLE GUYS!
IF A GOOSE CAME ANYWHERE NEAR THEM, SHE'D YELL AT THEM!
AT ONE POINT, I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO END UP IN THE POND TRYING TO PROTECT THEM. SHE IS A WOMAN AFTER MY OWN HEART!

WE ARE SOOOO EASILY ENTERTAINED!
WE ALL THOUGHT THIS GOOSE BUTT WAS HILARIOUS!

I LOVE THESE GUYS!
(even MORE than baby geese).
:)

No comments: