Friday, July 16, 2010

I HEART HOCKEY!

I do love hockey but I particularly love it when my oldest niece PLAYS hockey! She was able to be on a really amazing all-girl team out of McCall this year--for FREE! All uniforms and equipment were loaners from one of the boys teams! It was a great opportunity and I am so proud of her for stepping up to play an untraditional sport! She seems to LOVE it and has plans to continue playing next season! Although it was difficult to coordinate games this year, she did have one tournament in Boise, at the Qwest Arena! What a treat for her (and her hockey-loving aunt) to skate on the same ice as the Idaho Steelheads! In fact, the team and their families (aunts included) attended a Steelheads game later than night! It was such a fun, hockey-filled day! I am such a proud aunt and was (and will continue to be) one of Makayla's very loudest cheerleaders! I certainly wish I had the opportunity, when I was her age, to learn to skate and to play hockey. But alas, I will live vicariously through her and continue to be one

RIDICULOUSLY PROUD AUNT!


MY BRAVE LITTLE #82


MAKAYLA AND HER BEST FRIEND, METTA

I LOVE YOU K!

No comments: