Friday, July 16, 2010

FROZEN FALLS.

After having read that some years Jump Creek falls becomes a fantastic area for ice climbing, I decided that a winter trip was necessary! Jessie and I waited until it had been REALLY COLD for about a week and drove out to the falls. We bundled up and actually enjoyed the hike! The creek itself was quite frozen and beautiful! It was fun looking for interesting ice formations, never really knowing what might be up around the next bend. In fact, we spent most of our time along the creek! When we finally made it to the falls, they weren't nearly as frozen as I had hoped. I had seen pictures where the falls were completely frozen and just a great wall of ice. Apparently it just wasn't cold enough this winter! I think I have officially been to Jump Creek Falls during every season now! My favorite? Might actually be winter!


just so you know, it is really hard to post all these blogs with winter pictures, in JULY! i guess that's why i should stay caught up on my posts!



POISON CREEK.


JUMP CREEK FALLS

KIPPER AND I

KIPPER HAD BEEN PRETTY CURIOUS ABOUT ONE OF THE SMALL CAVES OUT THERE SINCE OUR EARLIER VISIT. SHE WAS DETERMINED SHE WAS GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS IN THAT CAVE!

SO SHE WENT IN! SHE DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING SPECTACULAR BUT I AM PROUD OF HER FOR OVERCOMING HER FEARS!

I'M NOT SURE WHY THIS RED BOW WAS TIED ON A WILLOW BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOVELY BIT OF COLOR IN THE OTHERWISE STARK CANYON!

No comments: