Monday, June 21, 2010

I WANNA BE A COWGIRL . . .

I do! I really do! And by now I'm sure it is no secret! I wanna be a cowgirl! I love being outside. I love animals. It just makes sense for me to be a cowgirl! Right?! Okay, I don't love farm smells so very much. In fact, I don't do them very gracefully at all. (I know some of you are thinking that my reaction to farm smell is probably more disgusting than the smells themselves)! Can you be a cowgirl without having to deal with . . . the smell of poo? Yeah, probably not. Which is why, I have it pretty good! I have an amazing family that lets me PRETEND to be a cowgirl ANYTIME I want! Sometimes they even ASK me to play cowgirl with them! And they try not to tease me too much when an unexpected smell gets the best of me! On this beautiful fall day, Aunt Dee called not only to ask me to be a cowgirl, she also asked me to bring my CATTLE TRUCK! Since it is the closest thing I have to a horse, I was happy to put on my boots and scoot right out to the ranch to help!

Our mission for the afternoon:
Operation Bring Brahma Home.



When A. Dee learned this beautiful orphaned Brahma calf needed a new home, Uncle Jim had the ranch truck out in Landmark. That left the trunk of her car . . . or the NISSAN! Luckily for me, and the calf, she called in Cowgirl Tess and her trusty white steed!

They lifted her up, tied her up . . .

and shoved her in the truck!

Then Cowgirl Jessie sat on her!

And then I PROUDLY hauled her out to the ranch!

She wasn't nearly as impressed with my Cowgirl-ness as I was!

Then they untied her . . .

and unloaded her COWGIRL STYLE!

LOOK AT THOSE EYELASHES!

This is more of that COWGIRL FINESSE!

why is that this COWGIRL WANNABE only drove the truck and took PICTURES?
hmmm . . . guess i have some work to do if i am serious about being a cowgirl!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

ME TOO< I WANNA BE A COWGIRL! ...except for the poo...and the work, and I don't really want to 'deal' with the animals, much....just sort of look at them, from a distance, except the baby ones... well, them too, actually. ok so its really more the IDEA of being a cowgirl that I am enraptured with... yah. :)