Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BRUTUS.

A ONE picture adventure?! Yep! As most of you know, I believe adventure comes in many different forms. This particular adventure comes in the form of a very STINKY BULLDOG! I also believe adventure appears when you least expect it. This particular adventure appeared in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! Driving through Kuna one night with my cousin Kipper, we came upon this dog (who I started calling Brutus) standing absolutely right in the middle of the road. Cars were driving around the poor thing but NO ONE was doing a thing to try to get him to safety! Well you know I stopped! Kip and I jumped out and coaxed him to the side of the road. Then we looked for tags. NONE! Yikes! There was no way I was going to leave him there, in the dark, by the side of the road--especially when it became clear that Brutus was mostly deaf. We loaded the big lug into my backseat, still unsure what we were going to do with him. It IMMEDIATELY became obvious that Brutus could NOT spend much time in my backseat! He was clearly THE smelliest creature EVER! A decision was quickly made. The gagging began quickly thereafter! I drove him to the nearby FIRE STATION--gagging the entire way. My cousin was mostly horrified when, with Brutus trailing behind me, I knocked on the door to the living quarters of the station. The firemen were skeptical of a woman banging on their door late at night but answered nonetheless. Brutus, moving faster than I had seen him, darted in the door. The firemen instantly LOVED HIM! Who wouldn't love a FACE like that?! I explained our dilemma and they promised they would take care of him for us. I thanked them and scurried out the door . . . before THEY got a good whiff of him! You can count on me for random acts of kindness . . . but my kindness is limited when there is STINK involved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee I loved it when it happened and your story is great.. too bad Brutus was so stinky but then you might have wanted to take him home love mom