Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MOUNTAIN SAMBA.

Last week I was able to go to Cascade for several days.  As I was there during the middle of the week, Laura, Makayla and I were able to take a Wednesday night SAMBA LESSON!  Last year, after watching the dancers perform in the Winter Carnival Parade in McCall, Laura and I both fell in love with the Samba!  In fact, I have had SAMBA LESSONS on my infamous to-do list ever since!  I was simply thrilled to be able to attend the lessons with my sister!  What a special treat for the two of us!  We quickly learned that the lessons were being held in preparation for Mountain Samba's performance in Cascade's Fourth of July parade!  Although both of us were pretty adamant about NOT wanting to be in the parade, we were eager to learn anyway!  Unfortunately most of the students were already lessons ahead of us and already deep into learning the routines.  The instructor moved so fast, I was quickly in way over my head!  Laura managed to hang in there way longer than I did!  However, I am now INSPIRED!  I have ordered a Samba DVD and fully intend to cross this feat off my to-do list!  Maybe, just maybe, Laura and I can join the Mountain Samba dancers in the 2010 Fourth of July parade!  Actually, probably not!  But we should definitely know how to samba by then (just not down Main Street)!  Laura is going to keep attending lessons with Mountain Samba, I however, am hoping to find an instructor here in Boise.  Driving to Cascade every Wednesday just isn't feasible!


THE MOUNTAIN SAMBA LADIES

  
OUR DELIGHTFUL INSTRUCTOR, JAN

  
  
LOVELY LAURA!

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE SAMBA MOVES . . .
THE THRILLER.


THE DIP-POINT SHIMMY!

AND OF COURSE . . . THE FLIRTY WALK!


MAKAYALA AND I
WHAT A FUN NIGHT FOR US GIRLS!

1 comment:

Amy and Cole said...

Yeah you are freaking awesome!