Friday, May 27, 2011

2011 CALVING SEASON.

For several years now, I have been rushing out to the ranch at the slightest indication a cow might be in labor. I have been present for and photographed as many calf births as possible. This year I missed . . . Every. Single. One. I do not have a single graphic birth photo!!! Although I am bummed EVERY cow snuck off and had her calf in peace, I am pleased to introduce one very special calf that was born out at the ranch this year. The black cow to the left is . . . Tess. I'm still not sure HOW a cow got named after me (and, trust me, it causes some confusing and often uncomfortable moments during our ranching conversations). Alas, this beauty is my namesake. And early one morning this spring, she became a MAMA! Fortunately, they realized Tess had delivered and sent me some photos of her new baby when she was just moments old!

WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD TESS!

TURNS OUT, TESS IS A PRETTY GOOD MAMA!
AND HER BABY, A SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL CALF!

I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY APPROPRIATE TO NAME HER . . . IRENE.
SHE IS SOME KINDA WONDERFUL!

AND THIS IS ROWDY, A FOSTER CHILD THAT CAME TO LIVE ON THE RANCH THIS SPRING.

FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, I KINDA LIKE HIM!

No comments: