Saturday, December 4, 2010

STANLEY 2010 -- REDFISH LAKE.

I have to admit, I don't think I have EVER been so excited about visiting my Dad on one of his job sites! In addition to working on the Landmark and Elk Creek Guard Stations, he was also awarded the bid for some work in the Stanley Ranger District. In early September I was able to spend FIVE amazing days with him there in the shadows of the majestic Sawtooths (or is it Sawteeth?). This trip was easily the highlight of my summer! I love the Stanley area and was especially tickled to find that the tourists really clear out after Memorial Day! We practically had the mountains to ourselves! Mom too was able to take a long weekend so the three of us PLAYED HARD! We went on so many adventures and I took so many pictures, I have decided to do MULTIPLE Stanley posts! Be sure to check back to see all the posts from my grand adventure! The photos in this post are from my final bittersweet hours in the mountains. We enjoyed a still, quiet morning at Redfish lake!










I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and have my senses put in order.
--John Burroughs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tess I love these photos of Red Fish. I miss getting to visit Stanley for the Craft Faire. Keep up your adventures. :) Love Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

Tess - we have pictures of you Mom, Aunts & Uncles sitting on the lone big stump on their first visit to Stanley when they were little. When I find my pictures after my big de-clutter, I will try to send you a copy. Great pictures, Love ya, Grandma