Friday, September 24, 2010

LAKESIDE LAVENDER FESTIVAL, 2010.

This was my first year of being able to actually attend the Lavender Festival out at Lakeside Lavender. Last year I was graciously allowed access to the fields to photograph them, but had to miss out on all the festivities. However, attending the annual lavender cutting event will now be mandatory! The only thing more magnificent than standing amidst the purple masses of heaven is taking a small bunches of heaven home! I cut SO MUCH lavender and had bunches drying all around the house for months! I had such grand plans for all my dried bunches too. A wreath! Let me just sum up this very sad story by saying . . . there are things I can do well. AND there are things I am MORE than willing to admit I do HORRIBLY! Making a gorgeous lavender wreath with lavender I painstakingly cut myself -- one of those horrible things. I will admit my wreath-making adventure was a giant FLOP but hey, we can't all be good at everything! I'll be back out at the lavender farm again next year, taking pictures of that glorious purple wonderfulness. And I'll be buying a pre-made wreath!








3 comments:

Adrian said...

GIRL! Amber and Mom and I went to this years ago only once before we moved and I loved it! I love lavender, the real thing is my fav scent ever! And no one can duplicate it in candles or deodorizers!! I love the pics! :)Thank for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love your creativeness with your name in the pictures...the lady bug and lavender..its so you honey
mom

Anonymous said...

Howdy Wildflower! Way cool logo on your photos! Love, Aunt Dora