Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MCCALL WINTER CARNIVAL.

After being unable to see many of the ice sculptures at the McCall Winter Carnival on Saturday (due to the largely attended parade), we found Sunday to be a much better, far less crowed day!  We were able to actually drive to each of the sculptures (which are spread throughout the town of McCall) which was a definite benefit!  The temperatures in McCall on Sunday hovered around 10 degrees!  Mom, Dad and I would jump out, admire a sculpture and quickly retreat back to the warmth of the car!  The sculptures themselves are simply amazing!  I can only imagine the hours and hours put into each massive creation!  Add to that the fact that they are made out of I-C-E and I can safely add ice sculpturist to the list of jobs I would be awful, terrible, simple horrible at!  I'll stick to snowmen!  But I did enjoy admiring the sculptures and was thrilled to spend the day with both of my parents!  They took tons of pictures for me (of me)--so you'll, surprisingly, find no infamous self-portraits in this post!  Of course, there is still plenty of silliness though!  That's just a given!

  
    
  

THE RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY!
")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went up on Tuesday and it was sooo warm that alot of the sculptures were already not too interesting. The tree one though and the castle were the best. We were not allowed in the tree as you were though. I was expecting more sculptures!

Amy Waters